Issue: Athletics

Game Changers: Scott Nagy and Katrina Merriweather

Scott Nagy Consider how much a college basketball coach must love a university to stay there 21 years. Then consider how compelling the reasons would need to be for him to leave that university behind. “I can’t imagine what it was … Continue reading

Growing into Stardom

It had been a rough day for the smallest kid at Greg Lovelady’s baseball camp. Wright State’s baseball coach was a little worried about the 14-year-old catcher. He demonstrated an impressive grasp of catching fundamentals, but stood just 5-foot-7 and 145 … Continue reading

Scoring star Lynch has Raiders talking title

Eric Lynch learned early that he might be particularly gifted at soccer—very early. “The first time I played competitive soccer was in a rec league when I was 4 years old,” Lynch recalled. “I can’t say I was in love … Continue reading

Nutter Center Turns 25

This gallery contains 13 photos.

The Wright State University Nutter Center opened December 1, 1990, with a men’s basketball game, followed by a Boston Pops concert two weeks later. The Nutter Center’s upcoming year-long celebration of 25 years of fantastic sports, entertainment, cultural, and promotional … Continue reading

More Galleries | Comments Off on Nutter Center Turns 25

Raiders’ Scott born to golf

To say Nick Scott was born with a golf club in his hand would not be entirely accurate. To say he had a club in his hand soon afterward would not be far off. “We had a mat and net … Continue reading

Basketball Previews

Women’s Basketball The taste of success the Raiders enjoyed last year has left them hungry for more. Wright State (26-9) played its way into the NCAA Tournament, finishing second in the Horizon League’s regular season standings before beating UW-Green Bay … Continue reading