Issue: Uncategorized

Collection Companions

Contributed by Timothy R. Gaffney, National Aviation Heritage Alliance Pulitzer Prize-winning author David McCullough returned to Wright State University just as actor-filmmaker Tom Hanks was making his campus visit, joining him to examine artifacts that are part of the university’s Wright … Continue reading

Marriage Medicine

Getting married young, long separations, high job stress. It’s no wonder that many military marriages go off the rails. And the pressures that fracture these relationships sometimes lead to alcohol abuse, domestic violence, and even suicide. A team of Wright … Continue reading

Raiders’ Scott born to golf

To say Nick Scott was born with a golf club in his hand would not be entirely accurate. To say he had a club in his hand soon afterward would not be far off. “We had a mat and net … Continue reading

A Work in Progress

When Eddie McClintock was a student at Wright State University in the late ’80s and early ’90s, becoming a successful Hollywood actor was about the furthest thing from his mind. “I was not a great student. I didn’t know what … Continue reading

Wright State Launches $150 Million Campaign

Our namesakes, the Wright brothers, used ingenuity and innovation to make a lasting impact on the world. Today, we rise on their wings, prepared to shine, as we lift our university to new heights. Ahead, we see a bright future, … Continue reading

Helping Future Generations Shine

Ron Bullock has come a long way since his Wright State graduation, when he and his late wife, Kelly, lived in a small, one-bedroom apartment on Smithville Road. Today, Bullock is a successful business owner who just made one of … Continue reading

University News

New Center for Manufacturing Sciences The Wright State University Center for Manufacturing Sciences, which was announced in September, builds on the rich history of manufacturing in Ohio by creating an exciting environment for students and seasoned manufacturers in which to … Continue reading

Athletics: Spring Sports Features

Fowler Focused on Team Success Mark Fowler has learned it’s not all about him. “Part of the maturing process for me has been to shift my focus from stats and scouts to having a great senior year,” Fowler said. “I … Continue reading

Multiuse classroom building to be added at Wright State

The 67,000-square-foot, $14.3 million facility is expected to open sometime during the spring 2015 semester… Continue reading

Wright State Grads Drive Air Force Research

They have jetted to the stratosphere of research in the U.S. Air Force. One oversees the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL). Another is chief scientist for human performance. A third heads up research on sensors. All are Wright State University … Continue reading