The announcement in March that Cheryl B. Schrader was named the seventh president of Wright State University was the top story for 2017, so it’s no surprise that Wright State Newsroom visitors enjoyed content about her arrival and first year as president.
Articles and videos about Schrader were easily the most popular Newsroom content produced this year, but her story was one of many that shined bright for Wright State in 2017.
Visitors also flocked to stories about the university’s 50th anniversary and the history Wright State was built upon, huge fundraising successes, student and faculty achievement and high-profile events and partnerships.
The 10 top stories from 2017 were:
- Cheryl B. Schrader named seventh president of Wright State University
- Wright State at 50
- Rise. Shine. The Campaign for Wright State University raises over $167M
- Proud to be tobacco free
- Campaign launches to create new home for Wright State University Archives and Special Collections
- Wright State hosts its second National Science Olympiad
- Wright State forms/strengthens partnerships with Andhra Pradesh region of India, University of Babylon in Iraq and Anglia Ruskin in England
- Raiderthon success
- Three faculty named Fulbright Scholars
- Wright State hosts DEA event at Nutter Center to help battle community’s opioid crisis