One by one participants in the second Wright Leader Academy received a handshake, smile and a glass plaque that symbolized their completion of nine months of training.
Wright Leader is designed to facilitate leadership development opportunities for employees that can be tough to find in higher education. The program is considered an important and valuable professional development opportunity for Wright State University faculty and staff.
“Our key goals in developing this program were to provide high-performing employees a chance to grow their leadership toolbox, to strengthen collaboration among participants through relationship building and to facilitate a pipeline of talent that has a broad university perspective and willingness to promote a culture of excellence,” said Shari Mickey-Boggs, associate vice president and chief human resources officer.
Participants in the 2017-18 cohort included:
- Julia Acosta, director, Office of Latino Affairs
- Paula Bubulya, associate professor and associate chair, biological sciences
- Seth Gordon, director, Veteran and Military Center
- Kurt Holden, police sergeant, Wright State Police Department
- Jonathan Jackson, manager, Desktop Services, CaTS
- Deborah Lundin, associate director, Research and Sponsored Programs
- Jacqueline Neal, assistant dean, College of Science and Mathematics
- John Needles, manager, Medical Academic Operations, Boonshoft School of Medicine
- Sue Polanka, associate university librarian, University Library
- Sean Pollock, associate professor, history, and faculty director, Center for Teaching and Learning
- Debra Radford, business manager, Facilities Management and Services
- Shu Schiller, associate professor and chair, information systems and supply chain management
- Lafleur Small, professor, sociology and anthropology, and director, applied behavioral science
- Jonathan Winkler, professor and chair, history
The third Wright Leader Academy cohort is currently in the selection process and will begin in August.
Wright Leader is sponsored by the Wright State University Foundation.
For more information visit wright.edu/human-resources/professional-development/the-wright-leader-academy.