The annual Wright State University ArtsGala, which has raised more than a million dollars for scholarships during its 11-year history, is scheduled for Saturday, April 2, with an impressive program featuring student excellence in theatre, dance, motion pictures, music and visual arts.
The 6:30 p.m. to midnight event in the Creative Arts Center is presented by the College of Liberal Arts. The popular black tie optional event is regarded as one of the area’s premier events, with more than 500 patrons enjoying a variety of entertainment, dining and silent auction items to help Wright State students.
The money raised for scholarships since the event started in 2000 has surpassed the million dollar mark.
“Everybody who attends this unique event benefits! Patrons join many community friends to enjoy a spectacular evening featuring the best Wright State has to offer in music, art, theatre, dance and motion pictures and the students benefit from the scholarships funded by those patrons,” said Chuck Taylor, Ph.D., dean of the College of Liberal Arts.
From Broadway revues and musical ensembles to live sculpting and painting, the program talent leaves those attending spellbound over the excellence of the students. Features this year include:
• Live performances to accompany themed culinary delights in our five dining halls
• Opening Wind Symphony, featuring Stars and Stripes Forever
• Selections from our fall musical, Cole Porter’s Anything Goes
• The Present Past, a survey of work by Faculty Emeritus and printmaker David Leach
• Student film festival
• Chamber orchestra and dance performance
• Wine tasting featuring high-priced, top-quality wines
• NCAA sports lounge and auction
• Dancing on the Festival Playhouse stage
A silent auction will offer some 100 items for bidding, including:
• Outstanding artwork by Wright State faculty, students and alumni
• Wide variety of exceptional bottles of wine
• Elegant designer jewelry
• Vacation getaways
• Assortment of luxury gift baskets, gift cards and dining certificates
• Wright State Arts Entertainment Package, including tickets to many theatre and music department performances.
• Fine dining certificates
ArtsGala’s exclusive presenting sponsor is Barnes and Noble at Wright State University. Other major sponsors are the Dayton Daily News, Morris Home Furnishings, WHIO-TV, Dayton Power & Light, Gloria and Don Graber, and ThinkTV.
ArtsGala tickets ($175 each) and information are available at (937) 775-5512 or http://www.wright.edu/artsgala.