((Contributed by Wright State Sports Information))
Cassandra Lloyd, a junior on the Wright State track team, qualified for the NCAA Championship Meet in the 100 meter hurdles with a 10th place finish in the quarterfinals Saturday at the NCAA East Regional Meet in Bloomington, Indiana.
In the process of qualifying, Lloyd also set a school record in the event with a time of 13.18.
Lloyd now will compete in the national semifinals on Thursday, June 9, at 7:50 pm at Drake Stadium in Des Moines, Iowa.
NCAA East Regional Semifinal Qualifiers–100 Meter Hurdles
1. Letecia Wright, Ohio State, 12.97
2. Kierre Beckles, South Carolina, 13.01
3. Michaylin Golladay, Clemson, 13.03
4. Christina Manning, Ohio State, 13.03
5. Ti’erra Brown, Miami (FL), 13.05
6. Chelsea Carrier, West Virginia, 13.08
7. Bridgette Owens, Clemson, 13.08
8. Evonne Britton, Penn State, 13.11
9. Jackie Coward, Central Florida, 13.16
10. Cassandra Lloyd, Wright State, 13.18 (school record)
11. Shericka Ward, Villanova, 13.19
12. Takecia Jameson, Miami (FL), 13.28