The Wright State University Foundation has appointed six new trustees to its board, including:
- Rex Caswell—Rex Caswell is vice president of sales for specialized law at LexisNexis. His sales team offers legal research materials, both online and print, to attorney law firms in the United States. Several of his team members are graduates of Wright State University. Caswell holds a Ph.D. in sociology from the University of Cincinnati.
- Catherine “Caty” Crosby—As assistant director of the City of Dayton’s Human Relations Council, Catherine “Caty” Crosby helps oversee the council’s civil rights, contract compliance and special programs. Crosby also serves on the Ohio Advisory Committee for the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights. She has a Master of Public Administration from Wright State University.
- Thomas Duncan—A 1980 graduate of Wright State University, Thomas Duncan is the chief financial officer of Premier Health Partners, a position he has held since October 2007. Duncan also serves as chief financial officer of MedAmerica Health Systems. He is past chair of the Dayton-Montgomery County Scholarship Program Board.
- Travis Greenwood—A 1984 graduate of Wright State University, Travis Greenwood is the chief executive officer of The Greentree Group, a leader in comprehensive solutions for public and private clients. As a way of giving back to his alma mater, Greenwood donates his time as an adjunct instructor, teaching a class to help Wright State seniors transition from their college lives to their professional careers.
- Stephen Hightower—Stephen Hightower is president and chief executive officer of Hightowers Petroleum Co., which he founded in 1984. Hightower maintains relationships with most of the major oil companies in the United States, as well as other Fortune 500 companies through his construction business, Hi-Mark Construction Group.
- Andrea Kunk—Andrea Kunk is chief financial officer at Peerless Technologies Corporation, where she directs all financial, accounting, tax, treasury, budgeting, capital management, contracting and legal activities. Kunk has a bachelor’s degree in management information systems and a Master of Business Administration from Wright State University.
“We are thrilled to welcome these outstanding business and community leaders to the Wright State University Foundation Board of Trustees,” said Rebecca Cole, vice president for advancement at Wright State University. “We appreciate their willingness to volunteer their time and talent to Wright State and to contribute to our mission of changing the lives of our students and the communities we serve.”
William Pohlman, a partner at Pohlman & Talmage CPAs, Inc., has been named chair of the Wright State University Foundation Board of Trustees. A 1976 graduate of Wright State, Pohlman is a Certified Public Accountant and Certified Financial Planner. He has more than 30 years of experience working with the medical and professional community in the areas of accounting, tax, financial management and retirement plan administration.
“As a proud graduate of Wright State University, I am honored to serve as chair of the Foundation’s Board of Trustees,” said Pohlman. “Over the years, I have watched Wright State evolve into a university of national and international recognition. I am anxious to instill my great pride in Wright State in my fellow board members.”