Wright State students came home with eight awards in the annual Ohio Valley Model Arab League Conference held at Miami University.
Led by associate political science professor and faculty adviser Vaughn Shannon and English/political science major and head delegate Georgina Liso, the Model Arab League Club had 10 participating students representing two countries, Egypt and Bahrain.
The student honorees were:
- Outstanding Delegation: Egypt group
- Outstanding Delegate on the Joint Defense Council: Mike Gross, international and comparative politics major
- Honorable Mention on the Palestinian Affairs Committee: Allyson Clark, international studies major
- Outstanding Delegate on the Palestinian Affairs Committee: Kirsten Smith, French major
- Outstanding Delegate on the Environmental Affairs Committee: Kuyer Fazekas, international and comparative politics major
- Outstanding Delegate on the Environmental Affairs Committee: Jonathan Maze, international and comparative politics major
- Honorable mention on the Political Affairs Committee: Dan Clark
- Honorable mention on the Social Affairs Committee: Stephanie Dagher
Josh Cummins, a Wright State alumnus of the international and comparative politics program, won Outstanding Chair for his role in running the Joint Defense Council.
The Model Arab League Club is in its third year. Students interested in participating in the 2015-16 academic year may contact Vaughn Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org.