The annual Wright State University ArtsGala, which has raised more than $2.2 million for arts scholarships during its 17-year history, is scheduled for Saturday, April 8, with an impressive program featuring student performances in theatre, dance, motion pictures, music and visual arts.
The 6 p.m. to midnight event in the Creative Arts Center is presented by the College of Liberal Arts. The popular black-tie-optional ArtsGala is regarded as one of the area’s premier arts events, drawing over 900 patrons each year.
“I can’t wait for this year’s ArtsGala as we celebrate the completion of the Creative Arts Center modernization and expansion with an amazing, newly renovated Commons space and more student entertainment than ever before,” said Kristin Sobolik, dean of the College of Liberal Arts. “And it’s all for a great cause — to provide our fine and performing arts students with scholarships they need to succeed.”
- Wind Symphony, featuring Stars and Stripes Forever
- Selections from Dolly Parton’s Broadway musical “9 to 5”
- Live artistic creation by student artists
- Student film festival
- Chamber Orchestra performance
- Opera performances
- Dance performances
- Collegiate Chorale performance
- Six themed dining rooms
- Cigar and sports tent
- Top-quality wine and bourbon tastings
A silent auction will offer over 100 items for bidding, including:
- Artwork by Wright State faculty, students and alumni
- Wide variety of wines
- Assortment of luxury gift baskets, gift cards and dining certificates
ArtsGala’s presenting sponsors are Barnes and Noble at Wright State and Morris Furniture Company. Other major sponsors include Chartwells, Dayton Business Journal, Emerson, Gloria and Don Graber, HORAN, Zoe Dell Nutter, ThinkTV, Pamela and Malte von Matthiessen and WHIO-TV.
ArtsGala tickets ($250 each) and event information are available at 937 775-5512 or wright.edu/artsgala.