High school and college students can explore health care programs and careers on President’s Day during Wright State University’s annual Path to Health Professions Day.
This year’s Path to Health Professions Day will be held on Monday, Feb. 21, from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the Apollo Room in Wright State’s Student Union.
Participants should register online by Feb. 18.
Path to Health Professions Day will show students how they can get on the right path to becoming a doctor or health professional in another field. The program features informational sessions with subject-matter experts who will provide students with an overview of their journey to health professional school and insights into the practitioners’ daily lives.
Path to Health Professions Day will appeal to high school, local college students and current Wright State students interested in helping others through a career in health care. Family members and friends are also welcome.
Students enrolled in other colleges can also learn more about transferring to Wright State.
Teachers and counselors who want to learn more about Wright State’s pre-med and pre-health programs are encouraged to attend.
- Gain a better understanding of career opportunities in health care, including medicine, nursing, athletic training, chiropractic, mental health counseling, optometry, pharmacy, physical therapy, physician’s assistant, public health and veterinary medicine
- Discover what it takes to get into the Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine and other professional programs
- Find out how degrees from Wright State can open doors to the nation’s top professional schools
- Learn what classes and activities they should participate in now to prepare for their future
The Path to Health Professions Day will feature sessions on:
- Allopathic Medicine (M.D.) and the Boonshoft School of Medicine
- Chiropractic Medicine
- Medical Lab Science
- Nursing and Nurse Practitioner
- Osteopathic Medicine
- Physician Assistant
- Professional Psychology and Psychiatry
- Public Health
- Rehabilitation Services
- Sports Science
- Veterinary Medicine
Medical students in the Boonshoft School of Medicine will also answer questions about medical school.